Friday 5 July 2013

Game over by Pes

 Since being assigned an animation project I have been looking at some animation artists and different types of animation. 
I have re dicscovered a practitioner who's work I used to love and I thought it his work would be very relevant and serve brilliantly as research for this project.

The practitioner goes by the name of "Pes" and works in Stop motion animation. 

One of his animations "Game over" mimics well known game characteristics with unlikely objects such as food or ornaments. 





Here is the first scene in the animation. Many of the features of the game are substituted for muffins and cupcakes. And as 'enemies' are killed off by candles, scores come up as numbered Birthday candles. 







I really like how Pes uses stop motion to it's his full advantage by cutting away parts of the muffin with each frame to demonstrate it being eliminate and impersonating characteristics of a video game. 






In this scene, Pes uses objects to imitate the game Frogger. I really love how he has used watches for the logs. And how they change size and position to enhance the look of movement. 





No comments:

Post a Comment