Sunday 7 July 2013

Kristofer Strom's Hitchhikers choice

Another one of Strom's works caught my eye, and I thought it was extremely clever in terms of animation. 

The artist did this entire piece using stop motion animation, like last time, except on a white board, which makes his illustrations clean and easy to change and manoeuvre. I think this is a brilliant idea!




I have print screened some examples of parts of the animation.

All of the elements and features included in this animation seem to evolve from one shape which gives the animation quite a flowing atmosphere and is easily followed by the veiwer. 






I think the use of basic colours of the whiteboard pens is a novelty that works really well with the quick and creative doodling style of the artist. 
I really like the patterning and the movement of all the animation, this is something I would like to try for my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment