Sunday 7 July 2013

Blu

I found another animation by an artist called Blu, which also features stop motion animation. Just like Kristofer Strom, the animation is based on hand drawn/painted features, and how they move across different surfaces.








The animation begins by a brick falling from the wall and the character falling out of it. 



I love how the nature of stop motion and painting has made this white trail throughout the animation




The characters and features are easily manipulated into different things. This is how I'd like my animation to go. 





The artist then animates teeth that seem to 'gallop' from the wall and around the floor. I really like the exploration of different surfaces. 







All of the artists ideas seem to really flow into eachother so very easily and effortlessly. I intend to try and create a storyboard with a similar flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment