Tuesday 22 January 2013

Influencing my ideas


I have recently felt at a loss with ideas. I know roughly which direction I'd like to go in and how I would like to portray myself as a designer and a similar audience.

I am looking to go with a Fashion Illustration look, as I really enjoy focusing my work on people, women in particular, and fashion. I daresay even just the joy of drawing different characters.
I have taken influence from artists I have previously mentioned, although I did not have any striking ideas. At a loss I have decided to research a little bit more into three dimensional paper structures, as I did not like the idea of going with 'nets' or 'packaging'. I thought maybe I could put a more personal spin on things.





This design reminds me of a pop up book. Although the base itself doesn't look like it's paper, I thought if I tried something like this, I could adapt it. 
I'd really like to try this out, and have numerous layers, all could be different parts of a woman's outfit, i.e a dress, scarf and shoes. When pulled apart, all the components are visible as individual garments, then when put together, the components would be combined and create a full outfit. 
I am under no impression that this won't be a tricky idea to try and put together accuratley, but I will be willing to try as I think this is a really good way to portray myself as a designer in the area I'd ideally like to be seen in. 



This piece was also particularly inspiring to my when it came to giving me ideas. I thought I could have a layour similar to this, and have a drawn character onto a seperate layer, similar to this except the paper would be secured to the bottom and not 'held' by a feature. I would cut a dress shape within the character, I would then insert a sheet of coloured, patterned or floral paper below the character and dress shaped hole, then there would be an illusion of the paper below being the dress's pattern.

I will draw out these two ideas in my sketch book and see if I can create a mini prototype of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment