Friday 25 January 2013

Sketching out ideas

I like the idea of cutting away designs and embracing negative space.
Many of the artists and designers I have looked at have cut away designs into their work, and use negative space which I think gives the piece a bit more. 
I have sketched out an idea on how I would incorporate my design and negative space.


This idea was spurred by the 2nd image in the "Influencing my ideas" post. 
I like the idea of a deep frame, with a decorative interior. I would then insert a cardboard slot with my design printed onto it. The design would consist of a figure, with the outfit cut out, leaving a blank space in the design. 
When assembled the background of the box would then show through the hole in the design where the outfit should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment