Sunday 3 February 2013

Creating my box template

While looking for suitable box nets, I found a website which creates a net for you when given the measurements.
(http://www.ideogram.nl/boxmaker/)



I thought this was massively useful as now I know that my net will be my own measurements and my own decision, yet it will be accurately measured and won't be open to mistakes of being measured in-accurately.

I know the shape I want my box to be, so with a ruler I have roughly estimated the measurements.
I want the box to be tall enough & wide enough to have plenty of space to clearly display my design on the sleeve, and also to have space for my logo. Although I didn't want my box too big, I wanted it to be fairly small, and chunky. 

I chose 2 sets of measurements; 

Width: 9cm
Height: 17cm
Length: 5cm

-------------------

Width: 10cm
Height: 17cm
Length: 7cm



Here are some screen shots of the templates I have made; 



I will assemble these and see which structure is best.



No comments:

Post a Comment