Friday 1 February 2013

Looking at logos; Strong & structured.

Now I have decided on a definite direction and concept of my packaging design, I thought I should look at some other logos of relevence, such as other Illustrators or Fashion Illustrators. 

I have found a few which seem very structured, based on initials and geometric shapes. Very bold and contrasting design. 

I decided to use the Fashion Illustration Gallery logo. I think the F/G concept is really effective, it's certainly bold, simple and effective. 



The logo for Igor + Andre is also a really strong example of a bold and effective logo. The white initials  and white border provide a heavy contrast within the image. 
I think the use of just initials is a really effective way to make a successful logo.
I found a logo from a Fashion Illustrator called Sabine Pieper. While the logo still relies on strong typography and bold design, this designer has decided to use their full name as opposed to the initials. 
I still think this is really effective, as the bold and italic are both contrasting and look fairly professional together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment